WABASH COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A traffic stop made by an ISP trooper led to an arrest of a Fort Wayne man on Tuesday.
Police say it happened at around 7:38 p.m. when a car traveling on U.S. 24 near Wabash County 700 West was stopped for allegedly exceeding the posted speed limit.
While the trooper was speaking with the driver, 20-year-old Joshua Cobb of Fort Wayne, he noticed the odor of marijuana coming from the car.
During a search of the vehicle, the trooper discovered a bag containing 286 Xanax pills (around 90 grams) hidden behind a spare tire in the trunk.
Cobb was taken to the Wabash County Jail and could face charges of possession of a controlled substance and dealing in a schedule IV controlled substance.
- Fort Wayne man arrested after police find pills hidden in car
- Medical device supplier plans Fort Wayne expansion
- 3 dead in Fort Wayne shooting
- IPFW officially becomes Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Indiana police say they seized 'Trump-shaped ecstasy pills'
- Purdue student arrested after police find LSD
- Hidden history within the Tippecanoe County Courthouse
- News 18 Special Report: Hidden Dangers
- Touring hidden gems around West Lafayette
- Woman sentenced for fatal shooting at Fort Wayne motel