FRANKFORT, Ind. (WLFI) - Fire crews spent more than an hour extinguishing a fire at a fastener supply plant in Frankfort.
The fire broke out around 4:45 p.m. Monday at Fontana Fasteners. Fire crews said the plant's vent stacks over heated.
The overheated vent stacks then caused a fire in the bottom floor, those flames then ignited the roof.
The Frankfort Fire Department said there were no injuries and little damage.
- Crews extinguish fire at Fontana Fasteners in Frankfort
- Frankfort Fire lift 'shelter in place' alert
- Storms cause damage in Frankfort
- Frankfort holiday trash collection schedule
- Frankfort Mayor addresses wall concerns
- Shade concerns at Frankfort Zoo
- New development "revitalizes" downtown Frankfort
- Frankfort investigation into park funds leads to firing
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in overnight Frankfort house fire
- Purdue fraternity raises money for Frankfort house fire victims