WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Beginning March 5, there will be new road closures and traffic restrictions in West Lafayette. This comes as the final year of construction gets underway for the State Street Redevelopment Project.
Parts of Stadium Avenue and McCormick Road will be closed to traffic. Only the northbound lanes of Martin Jischke Drive from just north of the Co-Rec will be open. Lane restrictions and detours will be in place for these areas.
Additional information and maps can also be found by clicking this link.
Purdue University graduate student Gretchen Wiese said she is glad the city is making progress.
"It's inconvenient, but it's really it's necessary for everything, and it's really helping the flow of traffic if people have been paying attention to that. It's gotten better since I've been here," said Wiese.
These areas will be under construction until May 13. An increase of traffic is expected on campus March 5-8 because of the 104th Purdue Road School.
Parking questions can be answered by calling 765-494-9497.
- Final phase of State Street redevelopment to begin Monday
- Meetings to detail Phase two of State Street Redevelopment Project
- Final Phase of West Lafayette State Street Project begins in March
- South Street closure begins Monday
- 2018 construction planned for the State Street Redevelopment Project
- State Street traffic changes take effect Monday
- US 52 paving to begin Monday
- West Lafayette City Council proposes lengthy redevelopment project
- Lafayette Redevelopment Commission approves tax abatement for Caterpillar's renovation plan
- Community input needed for Chauncey Hill Mall redevelopment