WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Three years ago, North Montgomery lost to eventual Class 3A state runner-up West Lafayette in a sectional championship classic.
The Red Devils scored the go-ahead touchdown with eight seconds left in regulation.
Since that showdown, the two teams have gone in much different directions. The Red Devils have appeared in back-to-back regional title games while the Chargers have dealt with consecutive losing seasons.
Prior to the skid, had posted winning records in nine of 10 years.
Baylee Adams and Alex Parsons, two stars from that 2015 squad are long gone. The Chargers quarterback from a season ago, Collin Knecht, is now at DePauw.
But head coach Josh Thompson brings back fifteen starters from a season ago including an intact offensive and defensive line.
The experienced and battled-tested Chargers are hungry to turn things around entering the new season.
- Fall of Camp Frenzy: North Montgomery looks to avoid third straight losing season
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Pioneer begins pursuit of second straight title
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Carroll looks to build on 2017 season
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Frontier searching for first winning season since 2006
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Raymond Jones era begins at Clinton Prairie
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Seeger Patriots optimistic about next step
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Brian Nay takes over at Central Catholic
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Fresh faces at North White will fill important roles in 2018
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Clinton Central tries to move on after player's unexpected death
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Hopes are high in Wolcott for Tri-County