WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Purdue baseball got back on track Tuesday, beating Oral Roberts 7-6.
Central Catholic graduate Evan Kennedy pulled a two-run homer over the right field wall in the bottom of the eighth inning to stretch Purdue's lead to three runs.
The Boilermakers then allowed two runs in the ninth, and the Eagles had the go-ahead run at-bat, but pitcher Ross Learnard was able to close it out.
Purdue has now won 15 of its last 17 games, despite dropping two of three games at Ohio State this past weekend.
Next up for the Boilermakers is a three-game home series against Michigan, beginning Thursday.
- Evan Kennedy hits first career home run, Purdue holds on to beat Oral Roberts
- FaceTime: Why did Evan Boudreaux pick Purdue?
- Ethel Kennedy Fast Facts
- Purdue will need to slow down Texas Tech's Keenan Evans
- Inside the Kennedy family 'curse'
- Smith ties career high with 4 hits, Rays beat White Sox 5-4
- Chris Evans apologizes for missing 'Avengers' premiere
- Robert Pires: Arsenal 'Invincibles' would beat Pep Guardiola's Manchester City
- Dominique Oden's career night propels Purdue past Northwestern 63-60
- Playing like All-Stars: Miracle League hits another Home Run