LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A man was taken to the hospital after a fire broke out in a detached garage on Lafayette's south side.
According to Lafayette police, the fire stared just before 2 a.m. Wednesday morning in the 3200 block of Old U.S. 231 South. Lafayette firefighters said it took about 15 to 20 minutes to put out the flames.
The garage appears destroyed. Police said there was some minor damage to the side of the home from the heat of the fire.
A neighbor was also asked to evacuate their home. We're still waiting to find out how many people were at the home when the fire broke out.
Firefighters are still investigating what caused this to happen.
- Early morning garage fire sends man to hospital
- Early morning fire destroys home
- Overnight fire sends five to the hospital
- Crash sends child to hospital
- Benton Co. crash sends 5 to hospital
- Three family members die in early morning fire
- Early morning house fire damages Benton County home
- Four-vehicle crash in Whitely County sends 2 to hospital
- Daviess Co. buggy crash sends 1 to hospital
- Crash between motorcycle and car sends man to hospital with serious injuries