It was a beautiful day/evening in Lafayette. The high clouds moved out just as the sun was starting to set. I was able to capture this image on our time lapse camera of a "sun dog." These can be rare and were a favorite thing of mine to witness back in Tulsa. A "sun dog" is a member of the family of halos, caused by the refraction of sunlight by ice crystals in the atmosphere.
It will be a chilly start to the work week! Be sure the kids are dressed properly as they head off to school. Temperatures will be in the mid-20s by 7am and when factoring in the wind chill, it will feel like temperatures are in the teens. By the end of the school day, the northerly winds will have gained momentum ahead of a cold front.
Mother Nature will remind us that winter is not over tomorrow evening. Scattered snow showers and wintry mix will start around 5:30pm and be more of a threat in Cass, Howard and Tipton counties. Little accumulation is expected overnight, but plan for extra time Tuesday morning to get ice off cars and avoid slick spots.
Plan for some wet leprechauns on Saturday!
- Don't put the winter gear away just yet
- City of Lafayette gears up for annual Christmas parade
- Purdue fans gear up for men's basketball home opener
- Traffic safety partners gear up for holiday season
- Purdue Memorial Union gears up for the holidays
- Fitness fanatics gear up to raise money for fallen firefighters
- Tracking a winter storm
- Winter to Spring
- Winter Refusing to Exit