Washington, D.C. — On Wednesday, U.S. Senator Joe Donnelly released the following statement about Senator Al Franken.
Donnelly said, “Senator Franken’s conduct and behavior are unacceptable and he should resign.
“I believe there is more work to be done to protect victims of sexual harassment and to reform the system of filing and settling harassment claims in Congress. I support reforms to protect victims, increase transparency and ensure that taxpayers do not have to pay for settlements made by members of Congress.”
Donnelly's statement was in response to recent allegations against Sen. Franken.
In the past month, at least six women have come forward to accuse Franken of inappropriately touching them. The reported incidents stretch back as far as 2003.
While Franken has apologized for his actions, several senators from both sides of the political spectrum have called for his resignation.
The Senate Ethics Committee is currently reviewing an investigation of Franken's alleged misconduct.
- Donnelly releases statement on Sen. Al Franken
- Sen. Donnelly discusses 2018 priorities
- URGENT - Sen. Al Franken resigning
- Sen. Donnelly discusses DACA and border control
- Sen. Donnelly discusses latest efforts to reform health care
- Sen. Donnelly working to keep US jobs at home
- Sen. Donnelly proposes North Korea strategy to President Trump
- Sen. Donnelly wants details on Trump's North Korea strategy
- Sen. Joe Donnelly to back Trump's CIA pick
- Al Franken's totally unapologetic resignation