DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) — It's a difficult anniversary for the city of Delphi. A date that's hitting some harder than others.
David Riley replays this day last year quite often.
"I was on the trail the day that they were killed," said Riley.
He said he didn't see or hear anything.
"I talked to the police twice and gave them DNA and all of that stuff," said Riley. "I was at the other end of the trail, they were by the high bridge, I was by the Freedom Bridge."
Like most would in his position, he can't help but wonder, what if?
"What if I'd have turned the other way, what would have happened?" said Riley.
It's been a slow year for him and many others in the community. Waiting for the day police announce they've caught the killer.
"Not only for us here but for someone else in some other community," said Delphi resident Mary Helen Abbott.
People living in Delphi can't turn a corner without seeing the face of the suspect. It's a constant reminder he is still out there.
"I was so excited when they went out to Colorado, where that guy was," said Abbott. "I thought, 'Oh, maybe this is the answer,' but that didn't turn out to be."
Riley can't understand why anyone wouldn't share what they know, he desperately wishes he had what police need to solve the crime.
"It's sad," said Riley. "They've got the picture of him and it just seems like somebody knows something that hopefully before the day is out they'll catch him."
- Delphi one year after the double homicide
- First Christmas after the Delphi double homicide
- Dr. Phil to discuss Delphi double homicides
- ISP superintendent: Delphi double homicide far from a cold case
- Delphi homicide investigation moves back to Delphi City Hall
- Veterans walk with Delphi trick-or-treaters to ease worries after double homicide
- Delphi homicide case manager graduates from FBI National Academy
- ‘Person of interest’ in Delphi homicides to return to Indiana
- WATCH: ISP superintendent speaks on anniversary of Delphi homicides
- Lafayette double homicide suspect charged with murder and identity deception