DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) — An arrest has been made in connection to the alleged Snapchat threat made towards Delphi High School. Eighteen year old Madelynn Rose Charles was arrested early on Thursday morning.
Police say she is a senior at the high school and that she made threats on social media that she was going to harm students at the school the next day.
She is currently on house arrest and is ordered to have no contact with any students at the school. She now faces a felony charge of intimidation.
Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the students and staff are safe. However as a precaution, Delphi police and sheriff's deputies were at the school Thursday.
Delphi Police first received a tip on Wednesday about the alleged threat.
- Arrest made for social media threat against Delphi High School
- Police investigate Harrison student's social media threat
- Social media movement inspires YWCA event
- Social Media Ripping Apart Society, Former Facebook Exec Says
- Social media challenge has young people taking serious risks
- Threat list found in book at Jefferson High School
- Rensselaer Central High School takes precautions after rumored threat
- Delphi homicide investigation moves back to Delphi City Hall
- Officials: 12-year-old girl arrested after school threats
- 5 arrested following threat against southern Indiana school