TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A current inmate at the Tippecanoe County Jail is accused of smuggling drugs into the facility. Prosecutors charged Amber Eldridge of Lafayette with trafficking with an inmate and possession of a controlled substance.
According to court documents, Eldridge admitted to a deputy that she brought Suboxone into the jail by putting it in a red balloon and hiding it in her body. Jail staff conducted a search and found the balloon and the drug.
Investigators believe Eldridge also shared some of the Suboxone with another inmate.
- Current inmate accused of smuggling drugs
- Indiana flu deaths reach 107 for state's current flu season
- Three inmates escape from Tennessee jail
- Authorities investigate Tippecanoe County Jail inmate's death
- Tippecanoe County Jail scans more than inmates
- Drug dealer may be charged in drug overdose death
- Akron drug investigation turns up money, drugs and guns
- Fentanyl exposure at Allen County jail traced to inmate mail
- Indiana inmates may be getting access to tablets
- Indiana governor to launch coding program for female inmates