LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)— Construction on the North End Community center is moving right along. In an update Sunday, the project should be complete this summer.
The multi-million dollar community center is being built near Market Square on Elmwood Avenue. It will be home to nine non-profit partners, including Bauer Family Resources and Meals on Wheels.
It will also house a large gym, pool, fitness center, soccer fields, and rooftop hockey rink. Faith Community Development Corporation President Steve Viars said the project is in good shape.
"By God's Grace we're the four things you wanna be able to say at this point in a project, we're on schedule and on budget," said Viars. "And a lot of that is because of just a great group of contractors and subcontractors who have been working very very hard. They're taking this project very personally, there's a lot of pride in what they're trying to do, so we're really glad for where we are."
The community center will have some membership fees, but the majority of the resources in the center will be free of charge.
- Community center project on track
- Lafayette School Corporation projects are on track
- End in sight for Community Crossing Project
- Southside community center opening right on schedule
- Community center hosts New Year's Eve Spectacular
- Tracking another quiet day
- Tracking scattered snow showers
- Tracking Snow Overnight
- Tracking Monday rain chances
- Tracking a winter storm