LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — On Tuesday the Greater Lafayette community is invited to have an early Thanksgiving meal. This is the tenth year that Greater Macedonia Church will host the Community Thanksgiving Dinner that is free to all.
400 people are expected to attend the event.
Following the dinner, free haircuts will be offered and nurses will be on duty to assist with family practice and OBGYN services.
Pastor Dale Draper says it is important to give back and help the less fortunate because he once was.
“Because I used to be homeless, and I know what it feels like to be without a meal but if I could serve them a good, hot Thanksgiving meal – I know how I've did,” said Draper.
This year a live band will play music during the dinner.
It will take place at the Senior Center at Jenks Rest in Lafayette from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Community Thanksgiving Dinner offers more than just food
- Food Finders Food Bank offers compassion training
- Thanksgiving dinner prices being impacted by recent crop harvest
- Thanksgiving Day Forecast
- Purdue partners with LTHC to provide food to community
- Lyn Treece Boys and Girls Club hosts annual Community Christmas Dinner
- Summer food program offers door-to-door delivery service for children
- Lafayette Farmer's Market prepares shoppers for Thanksgiving
- Hanna Center hosts annual Thanksgiving meal
- Weather, traffic and tips for Thanksgiving travelers