Scroll for more content...
The baseball tournament has been a staple in the Lafayette community since 1969.
That history is coming to a halt, at least for now. Pony Baseball says because of the low attendance in Lafayette, it's moving the Colt World Series to Marion, Illinois.
Lafayette tournament incorporated president Tim Clark says the number of local baseball teams registering has gone down.
Partly because more players are signing up for travel baseball.
Clark says he is planning a different type of world baseball tournament here for next summer - not associated with PONY baseball.
It will be at the end of August.
"If we put this together right then we don't have a governing body over us saying you have to do this and you have to do this, that we can open this thing up and make it bigger and better than before. And bring in even more revenue into the community," said Clark.
- Colt World Series leaving Lafayette for Marion, IL
- Colt World Series leaving Lafayette for Carbondale, IL
- Nearby businesses react to Colt World Series leaving Lafayette
- Loeb Stadium to host Greater Lafayette World Series
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Colts fire Pagano
- History lecture series coming to West Lafayette
- Marion man dead after two-vehicle crash
- Marion County dispenses record levels of naloxone
- Marion County adopts needle exchange program