WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Wednesday is a very important day for the landscape of college football.
For the first time, the NCAA is allowing a three-day early signing period for football, beginning Wednesday at 7 a.m.
The concept is not new for most sports, but it's brand new for football.
It's still mostly unknown, how much it will affect the world of recruiting, long-term, as well as national signing day in February.
It's also unknown, how many recruits will sign this week.
According to GoldAndBlack.com (Rivals), Purdue football has received 24 verbal committments for the class of 2018 (as of the publishing of this article).
You can see the names of those recruits and get more info about th early signing period, by watching the video above!
- College football early signing period underway at 7 a.m. Wednesday
- Purdue football signs 22 on first day of early signing period
- Early signing period creates more challenges for new coaches
- Bennie Patterson signs to play basketball at Franklin College
- Our Warming Trend is Underway
- Holcomb to sign Sunday alcohol sales bill Wednesday
- Periodic closures happening on State and Martin Jischke
- State extends application period for low-income heating aid
- Repairs underway for sinkhole in Lafayette
- Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive is underway