LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The City of Lafayette is offering a free curbside pickup for fresh Christmas trees into January.
The service began right after Christmas and will run on regular trash and recycling days.
People are asked to be sure all lights, ornaments and other decorations are removed before placing trees out for pickup.
There will be no charge between now and through Jan. 31.
"I mean it's just easier for the citizens. And when we had the drop-off sites we had a lot of people from the county and stuff bringing in their trees. It costs us money to get rid of them. When I have our brush dump ground every year it's about $35,000 to $40,000," said Street Commissioner Dan Crowell.
- City of Lafayette offers drop-off sites for Christmas tree disposal
- Lafayette Noon Optimist Club Christmas tree sale helps community kids
- Shortage of Christmas trees nationwide
- Noon Optimist Club Christmas tree sales
- Purdue Christmas tree arrives at Grand Hall
- Unique Vincennes Christmas tree gets varied reactions
- City of Lafayette gears up for annual Christmas parade
- Tree Lafayette hosts annual Arbor Day Celebration
- Wal-Mart to carry opioid disposal kits
- Christmas tree lighting ceremony at Purdue Memorial Union