LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A staple in Greater Lafayette turned 70, Sunday.
Camp Sycamore Valley celebrated its special anniversary with a cookout. More than 200 current and former Girl Scouts were there.
They reminisced camp memories and created new ones. There were also many activities going on including archery and hiking.
Molly Reagan has been a girl scout for 6 years. She said she has developed important skills along the way.
"We get to do a bunch of outdoor activities that most people wouldn't get to do such as whittling, and we go hiking a lot in like cool creek park sometimes and do archery," said Reagan.
Girl Scouts are gearing up to start summer camp in June.
- Camp Sycamore Valley celebrates 70th anniversary
- Local couple celebrates milestone anniversary
- Benton Central celebrates 50th anniversary
- Wabash Center hosts 65th Anniversary Celebration
- Purdue preparing to celebrate 150th anniversary
- Purdue celebrates homecoming and its 150th anniversary
- 18-month anniversary of Delphi double homicide
- Monticello teacher attends space camp
- Lafayette celebrates Indian culture
- LPD celebrates distinguished officer