LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A staple in Greater Lafayette turned 70, Sunday.
Camp Sycamore Valley celebrated its special anniversary with a cookout. More than 200 current and former Girl Scouts were there.
They reminisced camp memories and created new ones. There were also many activities going on including archery and hiking.
Molly Reagan has been a girl scout for 6 years. She said she has developed important skills along the way.
"We get to do a bunch of outdoor activities that most people wouldn't get to do such as whittling, and we go hiking a lot in like cool creek park sometimes and do archery," said Reagan.
Girl Scouts are gearing up to start summer camp in June.
- Camp Sycamore Valley celebrates 70th anniversary
- Local couple celebrates milestone anniversary
- Benton Central celebrates 50th anniversary
- Wabash Center hosts 65th Anniversary Celebration
- Lafayette celebrates Indian culture
- LPD celebrates distinguished officer
- WATCH: ISP superintendent speaks on anniversary of Delphi homicides
- Kindergarten Countdown Camp applications now being accepted
- Hoosier Burn Camp connects children after tragedies
- Retreat and Refresh Stroke Camp connects survivors