LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — An American flag is one of the greatest symbols of pride for our country. When a flag becomes worn, boy scouts in Lafayette said it should be retired in a proper way.
News 18 took a trip out to Cary Camp and met up with Boy Scout Troop 303 out of Lafayette who is showing us how to retire an American flag for Independence Day.
There was even a cool symbol that appeared in the sky as the event wrapped up! Check out the video above to see the sights and sounds from the flag retirement ceremony.
- Boy Scouts show how to properly retire an American flag this Independence Day
- Girl Scouts learn how to retire American flags
- Educating people for Independence Day festivities
- Lafayette doctor defends pharmacies for flagging docs
- Scouting Report: What to expect from Texas Tech
- Cub Scouts compete in Pinewood derby car race
- Traveling ninja course is giving Girl Scouts a fun challenge
- Local man balances retirement, graduation from Purdue
- Hershman to retire from Indiana Senate
- Retired Indianapolis Archbishop Buechlein dies at 79