WESTFIELD, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say the body of a 73-year-old woman who was reported missing last month has been found inside her car in an Indianapolis-area retention pond.
The Westfield Police Department says the car was found Tuesday and the Hamilton County coroner's office identified the woman inside as Nancy Gillett of Westfield, who was reported missing Feb. 26. Her family has said she may have been going to a hospital to see her husband when she disappeared.
The death is under investigation.
No signs of foul play were reported at the home and WTHR-TV reports she'd left behind her cellphone. A statewide Silver Alert had been issued for Gillett.
Family members say she may have suffered from increasing dementia.
- Body of missing elderly woman found in car in Indiana pond
- Authorities: Bodies of 2 ice fishermen found at Indiana pond
- Body of missing man, 26, found in Indiana's Lake Monroe
- Hundreds of fish found dead at pond in southern Indiana
- Missing Lafayette woman found safe
- Body found in E. Indiana river is that of missing man
- Private consultant finds body of man missing in Indiana lake
- Body of missing boy recovered from southern Indiana river
- Body found in Clinton County
- Cleanup removes coal-combustion waste from Indiana pond