SPEEDWAY, Ind. (WISH) -- Police in Speedway are at the scene of a death investigation at a parking lot on the west side of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Officers were called to the Lot 2, in the 2000 block of Georgetown Road, where RVs and campers often park for races at the track, around 1:49 p.m. on Memorial Day for a death investigation.
Lt. Trent Theobald with Speedway Police Department confirmed there were investigators at the scene. They haven't said whether or not foul play may be a factor.
No other information was immediately available.
- Body found in tent at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Local students prepare for Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Police: Man found dead in tent at Speedway from Illinois
- Snowmobiler finds bodies of missing Indianapolis couple
- Woman sentenced in Speedway robbery
- Ex-Indianapolis employee files ‘chronic body odor’ lawsuit
- Authorities identify body in rental vehicle in Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Zoo opening new exhibits
- Indianapolis airport sets passenger record during 2017
- Retired Indianapolis Archbishop Buechlein dies at 79