WASHINGTON (WLFI, FSIS) — According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), Bob Evans Farms, Inc. is recalling approximately 46,734 pounds of pork sausage link products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically pieces of clear hard plastic.
The problem was discovered after received consumer complaints of extraneous material in the pork sausage products.
The raw pork sausage link items were produced on Aug. 1, 2018.
The following products are subject to recall:
• 12-oz overwrap trays labeled “BOB EVANS MAPLE PORK SAUSAGE LINKS.” These products contain a Use by date of Oct. 16, 2018 or Oct. 19, 2018, and Lot Code of 8213.
• 12-oz overwrap trays labeled “BOB EVANS BROWN SUGAR & HONEY.” These products contain a Use by date of Oct. 16, 2018, and Lot Code of 8213.
• 12-oz overwrap trays labeled “FRESH FROM MEIJER MAPLE FLAVORED SAUSAGE LINKS.” These products contain a Use by date of Sept. 06, 2018, and Lot Code of 8213.
• 12-oz overwrap trays labeled “GIANT EAGLE MAPLE PORK BREAKFAST SAUSAGE LINKS CARAMEL COLOR ADDED.” These products contain a Use by date of Sept. 10, 2018, and Lot Code of 8213.
• 12-oz overwrap trays labeled “SCHNUCKS MAPLE RECIPE BREAKFAST SAUSAGE.” These products contain a Lot Code of 8213.
The products subject to recall have the establishment number “EST 6785.” These items were shipped to retail locations in Ind., Ill., Md., Mich., Mo., N.J., N.Y., N.C., Ohio, Pa., Va., and Wis.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
- Bob Evans Farms recalls over 46,000 pounds of pork sausage links
- Indiana Packers Corp. donates 25,000 pounds of pork to Food Finders
- FaceTime: Why did Evan Boudreaux pick Purdue?
- China raises tariffs on US pork, fruit in trade dispute
- Bob Goldsmith political sign vandalized
- Recall affects 35,000 pounds of ground beef sent to Indiana, Virginia
- Purdue will need to slow down Texas Tech's Keenan Evans
- Meijer fresh vegetable recall
- Indiana farm recalls over 200 million eggs due to risks of salmonella
- Radio legend Bob Vizza passes away