Lafayette, IN (WLFI)- A new bar targeted for smokers has officially opened its doors.
The Blind Pig is now the only bar in downtown Lafayette that allows smoking inside.
The bar took over Hunter's Down Under, which closed in August.
Co-Owner Steve Hedden says he was out discussing future plans with his wife when a bartender overheard their conversation and
mentioned the available space.
Now he owns the bar with his childhood bestfriend.
They pride themselves on being an affordable, blue-collar bar.
"We wanted to bring a blue collar atmosphere downtown that's not all hoity toidy or hipster-ish. You know, everyone's got their own niche and it drives well for downtown,we wanted to bring something that the outlining community does, that when they come downtownt they don't feel out of place," Hedden said.
As for non-smokers, Hedden says two smoke heaters should help remove impurities such as odor in the air.
- Blind Pig Opens in Downtown Lafayette
- Teacher to help blind student
- Small Business Saturday takes over downtown Lafayette
- Downtown Lafayette to dedicate new mural Wednesday
- Students create new mural in downtown Lafayette
- Taste of Tippecanoe comes to downtown Lafayette
- Potential renovations promote growth in downtown Lafayette
- West Lafayette pools open Thursday
- KKK recruitment fliers found outside downtown Lafayette businesses
- Downtown Lafayette kicks off Mosey Down Main Street