INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WLFI) — So far, six people are gunning for State Senator Brandt Hershman's seat.
But there's still time to file.
Hershman is leaving District seven after 18 years.
He plans to work for a law firm in Washington D.C.
A caucus is scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 25 to replace him.
Senate Republicans don't want to release the names of the candidates until after the filing deadline.
Candidates can file until Monday evening.
- Indiana Republicans working to fill senate seat
- At least 6 looking to fill State Senate seat
- Brian Buchanan selected to fill Brandt Hershman's seat
- Michele Bachmann eyeing run for Franken's Senate seat
- The 10 Senate seats most likely to flip in 2018
- Grassley: I don't think McConnell or Trump will wait until after 2020 to fill a SCOTUS seat
- Kentucky Democrat wins state House seat in Trump stronghold
- Man builds snack-filled mini stadiums
- How much is the GOP willing to sacrifice for a Senate seat?
- Mitt Romney's Twitter location is updated to Utah as Senate seat opens