INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WLFI) — So far, six people are gunning for State Senator Brandt Hershman's seat.
But there's still time to file.
Hershman is leaving District seven after 18 years.
He plans to work for a law firm in Washington D.C.
A caucus is scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 25 to replace him.
Senate Republicans don't want to release the names of the candidates until after the filing deadline.
Candidates can file until Monday evening.
- Indiana Republicans working to fill senate seat
- At least 6 looking to fill State Senate seat
- Brian Buchanan selected to fill Brandt Hershman's seat
- State senator to introduce hate crime bill
- Sherry Shipley to run for State Senate
- Homeless shelters filling fast due to cold temperatures
- The West Lafayette Parks and Recreation Superintendent position is filled
- Wife of ex-Indiana GOP congressman seeking legislative seat
- Number of women running for US House seats sets record
- Indiana senators bring guests to State of the Union