WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Crews are working hard to wrapping up construction on The Hub before Purdue students return.
Due to this stage of the construction, temporary road closures are scheduled for now until August.
Crews will use the closures to complete concrete, asphalt, and brickwork on and around the high-rise. They also have a lot of furniture to move in because each bedroom is furnished.
Construction crews have permission to close Pierce Street in front of the Hub when needed to help get this work done on time. Police officers will be there during the closures to help flag and direct traffic. The road will only be closed during the day and will open back up at night and access to businesses in the area will be available.
"It's going to be like a bad swan dance out there. They're all just going to be trying to move amongst each other and to do that and keep the road open the whole time is going to be very difficult," said Ed Garrison, Engineer with the City of West Lafayette
The road closures are expected to last until August 10.
- Temporary road closures announced around The Hub construction in W. Lafayette
- Temporary weekend road closure on State Street
- One West Lafayette road closure pushes a construction project ahead of schedule
- YWCA announces permanent pool closure
- UPDATE: Warm weather forces temporary closure of skating center
- North River Road closure rescheduled
- West Lafayette begins planning for Lindberg Road construction
- A popular West Lafayette intersection construction closure moved due to weather
- UPDATE: Monday's North River Road closure postponed
- Greater Lafayette Commerce hosts construction update luncheon