LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)— Dads from around the community gathered to play ball this evening.
Lafayette Catholic Schools hosted their 13th annual Battle of the Saints basketball game. The game helps raise tuition funds for students in the Catholic school system. All participants in the game have children from 4th through 6th grade at local Catholic Elementary schools. This year $27,000 were raised for students. Sister Schwartz is the principal at Saint Boniface, she said this is a great way to bring everybody from their school system together.
"I think the biggest thing is that it has the people from St. Boniface and St. Lawrence work together," said Schwartz. "Have a good time together, and even though there is friendly rivalry, in the end we're all united when we end up at Central Catholic so that's the good part."
Saint Lawrence was the favorite tonight having won 10 out of the 12 games heading into this evening.
- Annual Battle of the Saints raises funds for Lafayette Catholic Schools
- Lafayette Roller Derby Team raises funds for a cause
- Central Catholic, Pioneer to battle for sectional crown
- Battle Ground Intermediate School hosts annual wax museum
- HIGHLIGHTS: Lafayette Jeff 78, Central Catholic 71 (BBB)
- Bobcat Bolt raises funds for students
- Lafayette boy battling cancer gets special message
- Tree Lafayette hosts annual Arbor Day Celebration
- 104th annual Purdue Road School
- Walk of Hope raises funds for those in need