LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - A staff member at Amelia Earhart Elementary School is under investigation by the Lafayette Police Department.
Lafayette School Corporation Superintendent Les Huddle said the staff member is on administrative leave. Huddle sent out a letter to parents earlier this week.
The letter says, "The staff member has been reassigned to home during the investigation and will not be back at Earhart until all allegations and issues are resolved. The Lafayette School Corporation considers the safety of children it's top priority. "
Lt. Scott Galloway with the Lafayette Police Department said the case is still under investigation. Galloway couldn't release any names, the staff member's position or any of the allegations.
- Amelia Earhart Elementary staff member under investigation
- Arrested Amelia Earhart teacher still in the process of being terminated
- Earhart Elementary backpack program in need of donations
- Earhart teacher arrested for alleged child exploitation
- An Earhart parent reacts to teacher's arrest
- Fired Earhart teacher faces two more charges
- Earhart teacher arrested for alleged child exploitation out on bond
- Prosecutors request to get accused Earhart teacher back in jail
- Dayton Elementary closes early Monday
- Lebanon City Council member dies