WHITE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Police have recovered several items stolen from homes in a Monticello neighborhood including shotguns, bicycles, and alcohol.
Police say on Dec. 3, 2017, at around 2:11 p.m., the White County Sheriff's Office responded to a report of a home burglary in the 3400 block of Stahl Road in Monticello.
The investigation turned up a stolen golf cart as well as two bicycles nearby, also believed to have been stolen.
During the investigation, another home in the 5300 block down the road was also found to have been broken into.
Police say a door at the home appeared to have been forced open. It was at this address that they believed one of the stolen bicycles had come from.
Two male juveniles from the neighborhood were thought to have been involved in the crimes.
Deputies tracked down one of the juveniles and found two shotguns and some alcohol at his home that had been taken from the residence in the 5300 block of Stahl Road.
Police also questioned the other juvenile about the break-ins and discovered that two other homes in the 3000 block of Stahl Road had been burglarized.
Items taken from the homes included some change, alcohol and a bicycle.
The case information will be reviewed by the White County Juvenile Probation Department.
The investigation was conducted by the White County Sheriff's Office and the White County Juvenile Probation Department.
- Alcohol, bicycles and shotguns recovered in string of Monticello burglaries
- Monticello teacher attends space camp
- Monticello factory investigating injury of employee
- Monticello woman dead after Sunday morning crash
- Suspect arrested in string of Logansport church burglaries
- Red Cross offers Shelters in Monticello, Boswell and Delphi
- Several people rescued in two Monticello neighborhoods after flooding
- White County Sheriff's Office searching for missing Monticello man
- Monticello PD make arrest in shots fired incident
- Hoosiers celebrate Sunday alcohol sales