Low temperatures this morning dropped into the teens, which is much warmer than the last two mornings when temperatures dropped below zero! You still need to be prepared for wind chill values near zero during the morning commute. Skies will remain mostly clear today as temperatures gradually rise into the lower 30s.
Quiet weather conditions will persist through Saturday morning with higher pressure taking control of weather pattern. Temperatures are also going to rise above average tomorrow and this weekend. The average high for the Lafayette area this time of year is 34°. Temperatures will exceed the 40° mark Saturday.
Another system is going to arrive this weekend and bring Greater Lafayette a chance for rain. As the storm system approaches Indiana, cloud cover will increase with skies becoming mostly cloudy by Saturday evening. Scattered rainfall will arrive Saturday night and will linger throughout Sunday.
Temperatures will stay in the mid to upper 40s into Monday, but a cold front will travel over the state that day and bring colder changes to the area. The boundary will allow temperatures to drop on Monday. Rain showers will likely transition to a wintry mix late Monday as temperatures fall near 32°. More seasonable temperatures will return next Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Above average highs on the way
- Trump averages a 'fake' insult every day. Really. We counted.
- Trump's communications directors on average last less than 100 days
- Wall Street bonuses soar 17% to an average of $184,200
- The average Goldman Sachs worker made $110,000 in three months
- Get ready for an above-average hurricane season in 2018
- Why 'Coco' is so much more than your average box office hit
- Average US gas price drops 3 cents to $2.51 for regular
- Trump's first year of GDP growth is very, very average, historically speaking
- Trump and GOP see their popularity rise, but averaging shows it's not bigly