Photo Gallery 3 Images
LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A police standoff at a Lafayette home has ended peacefully.
It happened Thursday morning at a home on Crestview Court. Police say it all started with a stolen vehicle.
It was tracked there around 8:50 a.m., and for an unknown reason, the man held up inside a home in the 2400 block of Crestview Court.
Police say 29-year-old Nathan R. Wilbanks, the subject of a recent News 18 Fugitive Search, was wanted on multiple warrants.
The two people were in the home at the time but are OK.
Because there is no known link between Wilbanks and the home, police are investigating this as a home invasion.
Homes in the area were evacuated and nearby schools were put on lockdown. Those have been lifted.
This investigation is ongoing.
- UPDATE: Subject of Lafayette police standoff identified
- Lafayette police continue standoff investigation
- Lafayette man arrested after 18th St. standoff
- Subject of Auburn Amber Alert found safe
- Police standoff in Washington Co. ends peacefully
- Romney man charged after police standoff
- Car chase suspect was subject of manhunt in 2015
- Kokomo rape suspect dies in Louisiana after standoff with police
- Breakup may have led to woman's murder, police standoff
- UPDATE: Missing Lafayette 12-year-old found safe