LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man faces nine charges after crashing his car while doing donuts in the Beck Lane Payless parking lot.
Steven Curtis was arrested on Monday. Prosecutors say Curtis was driving at more than twice the legal alcohol limit when he took two friends to the Payless, and started doing donuts in the parking lot.
They hit a tree and abandoned the car on foot, just as police arrived.
Officers said when they caught up to Curtis, he threatened them and tried to kick them.
His charges include operating while intoxicated, leaving the scene of an accident, resisting law enforcement, and a felony count for the battery to a public safety officer.
- A Lafayette man faces nine charges after crashing his car while doing donuts
- Lafayette man facing charges of child molesting
- West Lafayette man faces battery charges
- Lafayette woman faces charges after weekend shooting
- Car crashes into Lafayette hair salon
- Lafayette man charge with kidnapping
- Lafayette man charged after drugs found in car
- Dashing for donuts and a good cause
- Lafayette man charged in hatchet attack
- Fired Lafayette elementary teacher faces additional charges of sexual misconduct