LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Lafayette Aviators postponed their game yet again Friday, but the front office is encouraging the public to come back to Loeb Stadium throughout the season.
Any ticket purchased for a postponed or cancelled game is redeemable. Fans can bring the ticket back to any game of their choice at Loeb Stadium and receive a new ticket.
Water was ankle deep in some areas of the outfield Friday. The Aviators originally planned to play five games in the last four days. The team only completed one of those games.
General Manager Zach Chartrand said future plans for Loeb Stadium will eliminate some rain outs.
"Yeah the turf field will be a huge help, obviously as I mentioned when the field gets flooded like it is now and there's standing water out there, you can't for player's safety. The turf field, the drainage is 1000 times better," said Chartrand.
The new Loeb Stadium project is expected to be completed by October of 2020.
- Lafayette Aviators encourage fans to come back after series of rain-outs
- Lafayette Aviators have a new owner
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Lafayette Aviators in need of host families for 2018 season
- History lecture series coming to West Lafayette
- Lafayette Jefferson graduate gives back
- Aviators announce new coach for 2018 season
- Aviation Day gives public an uncommon opportunity
- Rex spoil Aviators season opener 13-8
- Rain, Rain Go Away