TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Lieutenant Bob Goldsmith confirmed his intentions to run for Tippecanoe County Sheriff to News 18 Friday morning. If nominated by the county's Democratic party, he will challenge Republican candidate Jason Dombkowski in November.
Lt. Goldsmith has lived in Tippecanoe County for 41 of his 44 years. He has served in law enforcement for 21 years and with the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office for 19 years. He currently oversees the detective division.
"I have been listening to the community and co-workers for over 20 years, taking notes along the way to prepare me for this moment and my future as sheriff of Tippecanoe County," said Goldsmith. "I look forward to working together to make the entire community safer and more efficient."
As we previously reported, a Democratic caucus is set for June 30. Start time for the caucus will be at 10 a.m. It will be held at the Hanna Community Center in Lafayette.
- Lt. Bob Goldsmith announces intentions to run for Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff
- Bob Goldsmith enters Tippecanoe County sheriff's race
- Local attorney announces run for Tippecanoe Co. prosecutor
- Tippecanoe County Primary Sheriff and Prosecutor Debate
- Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff's candidates get specific
- Man arrested after shooting at Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff's deputy
- New K9's at Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff's Office
- Republican Jason Dombkowski files candidacy for Tippecanoe County Sheriff
- Tippecanoe County Sheriff reacts to drugs in jail
- Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff Barry Richard will seek re-election