WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - West Lafayette police are warning drivers about an intersection near the restaurant, Triple XXX. Police have been issuing warnings to drivers who have been turning left on a right turn only.
At the intersection of Salisbury and State streets, it's now a right turn only. However, it's a rule many drivers have been violating. West Lafayette police have been issuing warnings, hoping drivers will stop turning left.
"I think one of them even tried to climb that hill," said Howard Higley, a Tippecanoe County resident. "There's no place for it to go."
While News 18 was at the intersection Monday, News 18 spotted four cars that turned left in just under 30 minutes.
Chief of Police Jason Dombkowski said his traffic unit has been monitoring the intersection. He said he's noticed drivers have been turning left more often to try and avoid construction in the area.
Higley said he's glad to hear that the area is part of the daily patrol.
"If they don't do it, they're not really doing their job, they're not really enforcing the law," said Higley.
- Police hand out dozens of warnings at WL intersection
- WL recreation center planning continues
- WL couple charged after police find heroin and marijuana
- Police investigating profane banners found outside WL church
- Orlando police increasing security at concert after WL church threats
- WL student receives Indiana Homeland Security scholarship
- WL school mourns untimely loss of teacher
- New WL intermediate school receives name
- New WL city hall plans progressing