LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — There's a new chapter of baseball coming to Loeb Stadium this summer.
It's called the Greater Lafayette World Series.
The inaugural Greater Lafayette World Series is set to be held July 26-29 and will take over for the Colt World Series which moved to Marion, Illinois last fall after nearly 50-years in Lafayette.
Similar to the Colt, the GWS will feature 15-and-16 under age teams. Each team will play a guaranteed four games, weather permitting.
The entry fee to participate in the tournament is 600 dollars.
- Loeb Stadium to host Greater Lafayette World Series
- Utility work planned for Loeb Stadium this summer
- Updates to Loeb Stadium include new stoplight on Main St.
- Greater Lafayette Commerce hosts construction update luncheon
- Greater Lafayette's growing pains
- Greater Lafayette Alliance hosts drop-in phone bank
- Frost Advisory issued for Greater Lafayette
- Helping keep the Greater Lafayette community warm
- Greater Lafayette sees first snowfall of season
- Dangerously Cold Conditions Return to Greater Lafayette