LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — An arrest was made in a Lafayette shooting that happened earlier this month in the 1700 block of Everett Street.
According to police, 27-year-old Maurice Swann was arrested Monday in connection with the shooting. He faces preliminary charges of criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon and a felon in possession of a firearm.
On May 12 around 3 a.m., police were called to the 1700 block of Everett Street for a report of shots fired. That is in the Columbian Park area.
According to police, witnesses said they heard several shots and saw cars speeding away from the scene.
Police said they found evidence of a shooting, but no victim. While officers continued investigating, they discovered a victim had been taken to the hospital for two gunshot wounds.
- Suspect arrested in Everett Street shooting
- LPD investigating Broadway Street shooting
- 18th Street SWAT situation ends with arrest
- LPD looking for shooting suspect
- Woman arrested following Lafayette shooting
- LPD names a person of interest in Virginia Street shooting
- Man injured in weekend shooting on Broadway Street
- Shooting near Morton Street leaves one man in the hospital
- Police arrest man suspected of rape
- Man arrested for shooting in Tippecanoe County