TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) -- Police continue to look for a man who abandoned a pick-up truck east of Lafayette Monday night. They say he ran into the woods after an attempted traffic stop on State Road 26.
Lafayette police say they attempted to stop a driver near the Meijer on State Road 26 last night around 10 p.m. That's when police say the driver took off.
The driver then turned into a driveway right before the Wildcat Creek Bridge. The driver jumped out of the car and fled into the woods, next to the home.
Investigators ran the truck's plates and found out the plates were stolen.
Police interviewed two passengers who remained in the vehicle. According to Lieutenant Scott Galloway, one of them was 36-year old Aundrea Ferguson of Delphi. She was arrested on a warrant and booked into the Tippecanoe County Jail.
Police are still investigating and haven't located the driver.
- After police chase, passenger arrested, driver still missing
- Four-county police chase ends in arrest
- Driver in multistate police chase released from hospital
- Road rage incident lands driver and passenger in jail
- Taxi driver held at gunpoint while dropping off passenger
- Indianapolis airport sets passenger record during 2017
- Check fraud attempt at Chase bank leads to 4 arrests
- Indiana woman arrested after 40-mile, high-speed chase
- Multi-County chase ends as 15-year-old driver swerves to avoid train
- Video: Kenneth Brown captured by police after multistate chase