WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Jazz musicians showcased their skills in Jazz on The Hill at Purdue University Sunday afternoon.
The end of the year concert included over a thousand students in ensembles. This year's performance was held at the France A. Cordova Recreation Center.
Jazz music from Big Band style to current day was played during the showcase.
Operations Director Doug Fletcher said this is a way for students to relax outside of classes.
"It's the combination of all the concerts all year long and then it kind of ends here and it's just a chance to let it air down a bit and have some fun and play some good jazz music," Fletcher said.
Fletcher said Purdue does not offer a music major, so this is a way students can stay involved outside of the classroom.
- Musicians perform at Purdue's Jazz On The Hill
- 28th Purdue Jazz Festival showcases area high school students
- Brohm impressed with Purdue's defensive performance
- Vincent Edwards picked by Jazz, then traded to Rockets
- Purdue Glee Club sends seniors off with final performance
- Musicians come together to celebrate Indiana Fiddlers' Gathering
- Lafayette Citizens Band performs Memorial Day celebration
- Rokita leads opioid discussion at Capitol Hill
- Holiday open house at Forrest Hill Farm
- Community reacts to Chauncey Hill Mall demolition