LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Mark Barnhizer was announced, on Monday, as the next boys basketball coach at Lafayette Jeff.
Barnhizer was most recently the head coach at Bryant High School in Alabama, where his team finished 21-5 in 2017-18.
His two sons, Braxton and Brooks, were the team's top scorers.
Braxton (6'3" 160), as a sophomore in 2017-18 averaged 24 points and four rebounds.
Brooks (6'6" 175) dropped 19 points/game and pulled down seven rebounds, as a freshman this past season.
We're told Barnhizer's sons will enroll at Lafayette Jeff.
Before moving to Alabama for three years, Mark Barnhizer, spent most of his coaching career in Indiana, coaching at Hammond Gavit, Elkhart Memorial, Perry Meridian, and Eastern Greene.
Barnhizer accumulated 292 wins and 182 losses in his 21 years coaching in Indiana.
His coaching career came on the heels of his playing career. He spent one year at Purdue, before playing three seasons at Auburn.
- Lafayette Jeff gets 3-for-1 deal with new basketball coach
- Scott Radeker steps down as Lafayette Jeff basketball coach
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- HIGHLIGHTS: Westfield 42, Lafayette Jeff 40
- HIGHLIGHTS: Lafayette Jeff 65, Richmond 49 (GBB)
- Jeff softball too much for West Lafayette
- Former Jeff assistant coach sentenced for child seduction
- HIGHLIGHTS: Lafayette Jeff wins Girls Hoops Classic championship
- Benton Central hands Lafayette Jeff first loss 42-35
- HIGHLIGHTS: Lafayette Jeff 78, Central Catholic 71 (BBB)