WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — It was a busy Grand Prix weekend for West Lafayette police. The weekend is traditionally Purdue's busiest party weekend of the year.
From Friday to Sunday, the department took 227 calls for service. That's 80 more than the 2017 Grand Prix weekend.
A total of eight people were arrested. Those include three for possession of marijuana and four arrests for public intoxication.
- Police take 200+ calls during Grand Prix weekend
- Grand Prix weekend kicks off at Purdue
- Purdue campus bars brace for Grand Prix weekend
- Purdue bars checked for safety during Grand Prix weekend
- Pre-sale tickets for Purdue Grand Prix now available
- Jared Thomas wins 61st Purdue Grand Prix despite kart issues
- Sebastian Vettel wins Bahrain Grand Prix after mechanic hit by Ferrari car
- Chinese Grand Prix: 'We can't have any excuses,' says Lewis Hamilton
- Formula One gets green light for Miami Grand Prix ... but not everyone's happy
- Indian water dispute settled after 200 years