TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - A Lafayette man has been sentenced to 50 years for charges related to child molesting.
Trevar Stangle, 38, pleaded guilty to attempted child molesting and being a repeat sex offender.
Prosecutors said he had sexual contact with a six-year-old girl on multiple occasions in 2016 and 2017.
Court documents show he was also convicted of two counts of felony child molesting in Huntington County in 2001.
He was sentenced to 45 years in the Department of Corrections and five years on probation.
- Repeat sex offender sentenced to 50 years
- Repeat offender sentenced to 28 years for child molesting
- Former child sex offender asks to modify sentence
- Sex offender sentenced to probation after pleading no contest to burglary, attempted sex abuse
- Lawmakers Considering Chemical Castration For Sex Offenders
- Sex Offender Compliance Check Reveals Multiple Registered Sex Offenders Not Following Law
- Accused child sex offender wants change of venue
- Man accused of trying to kill sex offenders in Kissimmee
- Former Colfax deputy town marshal sentenced to 50 years
- Trump repeats debunked voter fraud claim