LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette woman has been charged following an alleged attempted armed robbery Wednesday evening at the Speedway Gas Station on Elmwood Avenue.
Prosecutors filed charges against Whitney Gamiel Friday, which including robbery resulting in bodily injury, kidnapping, and intimidation.
According to court documents, Gamiel entered the Speedway and said she had a gun. She was given money, cigarettes and the keys to the store. She then demanded an employee leave with her.
Once outside, the employee and a customer held her on the ground until police arrived.
- A Lafayette woman charged after attempted robbery
- LPD investigating attempted armed robbery
- Lafayette woman faces charges after weekend shooting
- Woman charged for shooting outside Lafayette bar
- Lafayette man admits to armed robbery, charges filed
- Woman arrested following Lafayette shooting
- Missing Lafayette woman found safe
- Lafayette woman charged with neglect of a dependent
- Lafayette woman charged with arson sentenced to 6 years
- Lafayette woman is charged following an incident with a gun