LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette woman has been charged following an alleged attempted armed robbery Wednesday evening at the Speedway Gas Station on Elmwood Avenue.
Prosecutors filed charges against Whitney Gamiel Friday, which including robbery resulting in bodily injury, kidnapping, and intimidation.
According to court documents, Gamiel entered the Speedway and said she had a gun. She was given money, cigarettes and the keys to the store. She then demanded an employee leave with her.
Once outside, the employee and a customer held her on the ground until police arrived.
- A Lafayette woman charged after attempted robbery
- LPD investigating attempted armed robbery
- Attempted robbery, police chase leads to charges against Illinois man
- Lafayette woman faces charges after weekend shooting
- Woman charged for shooting outside Lafayette bar
- Lafayette woman charged after box cutter dispute
- Lafayette woman charged with kidnapping, auto theft
- Lafayette woman charged after alleged weekend stabbing
- West Lafayette woman facing welfare fraud charges
- Lafayette man admits to armed robbery, charges filed