WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Former McCutcheon and Purdue star Nick Wittgren was recalled by the Miami Marlins Friday afternoon.
In a corresponding move, the Marlins also placed Odrisamer Despaigne on the 10-day DL with a right forearm strain.
Wittgren, a relief pitcher, began the season in Triple-A New Orleans after recovering from elbow surgery last September.
He has appeared in 86 career MLB games, posting a 7-4 record and 3.83 ERA.
- Former McCutcheon, Purdue pitcher Nick Wittgren recalled by Miami
- Harris Leads Purdue past Miami (Ohio) 75-66
- Purdue baseball outlasts Indiana State in pitcher's duel
- McCutcheon's Jackson Smeltz signs to play baseball at Purdue
- Purdue women to host Miami in ACC/Big Ten Challenge
- Purdue's Nick Delesandro named Big Ten Player of the Week
- McCutcheon's Phinisee signs with Indiana
- McCutcheon baseball blanks Benton Central
- McCutcheon eyes first sectional title since 1999
- McCutcheon spell bowl team state-bound