LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A woman attempted to rob the Speedway gas station on Elmwood Avenue in Lafayette Wednesday evening, according to Lafayette police.
Police say 30-year-old Whitney Gamiel entered the Speedway around 6:30 p.m. and said she had a gun. She got away with money, cigarettes and the keys to the store. She then demanded that an employee leave the Speedway with her.
Once outside, the employee and a customer fought with Gamiel. The two held her on the ground until police arrived.
No weapon was found on Gamiel. She was arrested and is currently in the Tippecanoe County Jail. She faces preliminary charges of robbery resulting in bodily injury, intimidation, confinement, theft and battery.
News 18 requested a mugshot but one was not available due to "inmate behavior."
- Woman attempts to rob Speedway, held on ground until police arrive
- Local students prepare for Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- LPD: Man arrested after attempting to rob Lafayette Olive Garden
- Police: Man arrested for robbing a child
- Battle Ground woman fights to keep peacocks on her property
- A Lafayette woman charged after attempted robbery
- Police: Man Robs 74-Year-Old Woman Of $2 After Helping Her Carry Groceries
- Man reportedly attempts to rob convenience store armed with a finger
- Pence arriving in Indiana Thursday afternoon
- Purdue Christmas tree arrives at Grand Hall