LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police found shell casings at a home after responding to a report of gunshots.
Around 8 p.m. Sunday, police saw two people running near Sixth Street and Lingle Avenue. Officers asked what they were running from, and the people said they heard gunshots.
According to Lt. Scott Galloway, officers found two shell casings behind a home in 300 block of South Sixth Street. One bullet hit a car and another hit a garage. Neighbors also reported hearing gunshots.
There are no suspects and no injuries were reported as of Monday morning.
Police do not believe the people running are suspects.
You are asked to call LPD or the anonymous WeTip hotline at (800) 78-CRIME with any information.
- Police find shell casings after reported shooting
- Lafayette police find shell casings after report of shots fired
- Purdue student arrested after police find LSD
- Police use drone to find wanted Wolcott man in cornfield
- WL couple charged after police find heroin and marijuana
- Charges filed against man in Meadowbrook Drive shooting case
- Police investigate shooting in Tippecanoe County
- Frankfort police investigate shooting Tuesday evening
- Lafayette police investigate shooting at Romney Meadows
- 1 dead in police-involved shooting