CLINTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - The man wanted on several felony warrants in Clinton County has been arrested.
Chief Deputy Joe Mink with the Clinton County Sheriff's Office said Mathew Gilbert, 37, was arrested Friday night.
As News 18 reported, a SWAT team was called to the scene along State Road 39, between county roads 700 North and 800 North Wednesday night.
Deputies were responding to Gilbert's felony warrant on multiple charges. According to Mink, Gilbert's warrants include escape, intimidation, resisting an arrest, failure to appear in court and two other felony charges.
Around 9 p.m. Friday, police say Gilbert was in a vehicle on State Road 39, just north of Rossville. We're told he refused to stop for deputies, which led to a pursuit.
Gilbert was eventually stopped near Flora and taken into custody.
He was taken to the Clinton County Jail and is being held with no bond.
- Man wanted in Clinton County taken into custody
- Police release name of wanted Clinton County man
- Clinton County man found dead after crash
- Linden man in custody after SWAT situation
- I-65 construction continues in Clinton County
- Man in custody after stabbing at fast food restaurant
- A man is in custody after report of shot fired
- One suspect in custody, one still wanted in Miami Co. trail murder
- Cleanup begins after storms tear through Tippecanoe and Clinton counties
- Large fire breaks out at Clinton County pallet business