LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — An acquitted murder suspect has been arrested yet again on several drug and weapons-related charges.
Officers were attempting to serve an arrest warrant on Darius Printup Monday afternoon for a prior drug case.
They attempted to conduct a traffic stop on the vehicle he was driving. Printup refused to stop and continued to drive at slow speed for a short distance. Printup finally came to a stop in the 2100 block of Bridgewater Circle where he was arrested without incident.
Officers found a loaded handgun, 227 grams of spice, and over $1000 in cash.
Printup was transported to the Tippecanoe County Jail where he was arrested for the following charges:
-Resisting law enforcement with a vehicle
-Possession of a handgun without a license
-Dealing in a synthetic drug
-Possession of a synthetic drug
-Possession of paraphernalia
Printup was acquitted of murder in July and has been arrested four times since.
- Attempt to serve a warrant ends in acquitted murder suspect's arrest
- Three arrested after Fulton County search warrant served
- Tippecanoe Co. Juror explains why they acquitted an accused murderer
- Newton County Sheriff's Office issues warrant for chase suspect
- Man gets 40 years for attempted murder
- Attempted murderer gets 64 years in prison
- Attempted murder defendant almost represents himself
- Jury acquits Mexican man in San Francisco pier killing
- Murder warrant issued in death of woman found in sunken SUV
- Shot fired at cop leads to attempted murder charge