MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Montgomery County woman who pleaded guilty to stabbing and killing her 7-year-old son, Tyler and 3-year-old daughter, Charlee is headed to prison. Thirty-year-old Brandi Worley was sentenced to 120 years fully executed in the Indiana Department of Corrections Monday.
She was charged with two counts of murder. The judge ordered 55 years for count one and 65 for count two.
They are to be served consecutively.
Worley gave no statement at the sentencing. Her lawyer told the court there was no explanation for what she did. However, Worley has said in multiple statements to police that she killed her kids so her husband couldn't have them. Jason Worley was about to divorce Brandi at the time of the murders in November of 2016.
After Brandi killed her kids, she told Jason, "Now you can't take my children from me."
Jason testified at the sentencing saying his children were his everything. When asked how long he wanted his now ex-wife in prison he said, "I never want to see her again. Out of sight, out of mind."
During the sentencing, more details were presented about what happened the night the children were killed. Jason said Brandi told him she was going to Walmart to buy supplies for her son's school project.
The state said instead, Brandi bought a sharp, combat knife at Walmart and hid the knife in her son's room until her kids fell asleep.
She woke up Tyler and Charlee for what she told them was a sleepover on the floor. After they were asleep, she got the knife, straddled Tyler and stabbed him 4 times. She then did the same thing to Charlie 3 times.
She tried to cut herself, hang herself and strangle herself but was unsuccessful.
That's when she called 911.
Related: Mother appears unemotional in 911 admission after a double murder
She told police, "I didn't want him taking the kids so I stabbed them. I just wanted to die with them."
The state noted how selfish that was and stressed to the court that Brandi was never remorseful about the murder. She was only sorry about not dying with them.
- Mother sentenced to 120 years for killing children
- Lafayette mother sentenced for abuse
- ISP K-9 discovers 120 pound of marijuana during traffic stop
- Frankfort woman gets 45 year murder sentence
- Repeat sex offender sentenced to 50 years
- Man sentenced to 55 years in triple slaying in Indiana
- Wedding sentenced to 55 years for triple-homicide
- Former Colfax deputy town marshal sentenced to 50 years
- WL man charged with attempted murder sentenced to 30 years
- Repeat offender sentenced to 28 years for child molesting