LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - An Amelia Earhart Elementary School teacher is still in the process of being terminated. This comes after he was investigated and arrested by Lafayette police.
Joe Kimerer was arrested Friday morning at his home. He faces 13 felony charges, including sexual gratification with a child under 14 years old, child solicitation and child exploitation.
As of Monday night, Superintendent Les Huddle said Kimerer's termination is still ongoing. He said Kimerer will have the chance to respond.
If Huddle still recommends termination, Kimerer will then have the chance to speak with the school board.
"The process is spelled out, not only in our local contract but our teachers have individual rights," said Huddle. "We have an arrest, but we don't have a conviction."
A substitute teacher will take over Kimerer's spot for the rest of the year.
- Arrested Amelia Earhart teacher still in the process of being terminated
- Amelia Earhart Elementary staff member under investigation
- Earhart teacher arrested for alleged child exploitation
- An Earhart parent reacts to teacher's arrest
- Fired Earhart teacher faces two more charges
- Earhart teacher arrested for alleged child exploitation out on bond
- Prosecutors request to get accused Earhart teacher back in jail
- Earhart Elementary backpack program in need of donations
- IMPD officer arrested, termination recommended following computer tampering investigation
- Lafayette Parks and Recreation begin winterization process