WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — At the very core, Cal State Fullerton, a perennial baseball power, is a guard-dependent team.
The Titans are relatively undersized, with their tallest player who receives significant minutes is 6'9" (Arkim Robertson).
CS-Fullerton does have two guards (Kyle Allman, Jr. and Khalil Ahmad) who each average more than 15 points per game this season.
Interestingly, the Titans rank among the top-50 teams in NCAA division one basketball, when it comes to free throws attempted.
Likely, that statistic just tells you the Titans are good at drawing fouls.
Fullerton averages scoring 73 points/game, and holds opponents to an average of 70 points/game.
For early impressions on CS-Fullerton from Purdue Coach Matt Painter, see the video above!
- What to expect from Cal State Fullerton (Purdue's 1st round opponent)
- Second-seeded Purdue pulls away, tops Cal St Fullerton 74-48
- Purdue receives 2-seed in NCAA tournament; Will face Cal. State-Fullerton
- Purdue football announces future football game dates, opponents
- Purdue women's basketball 2018-19 Big Ten opponents announced
- ISP expects 2,500 applicants for next round of recruits
- Purdue soccer tops No. 24 Louisville for first win over ranked opponent since 2009
- Purdue baseball falls to Houston in NCAA Regional first round
- Opponent of landfill wants Indiana county to pay legal fees
- Purdue splits with Indiana State