WARREN COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Warren County judge sentenced 35-year-old Scottie Kincade to 65 years in prison for murder and arson in the death of 31-year-old Heather Smith.
Prosecutors said the victim, 31-year-old Heather Smith, had been in an on-and-off-again relationship with Kincade.
On Sept. 27, 2016, emergency crews were called to a house fire in Williamsport. After the flames were out, Smith’s body was discovered in the home.
Investigators believe she was still alive when Kincade allegedly set the fire. Smith died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning and inhaling super-heated air.
- Warren Co. man gets 65 years for killing ex-girlfriend
- Interstate 65 expansion project update
- HIGHLIGHTS: Harrison 65, Western Boone 53 (GBB)
- Traffic shift coming to Interstate 65
- HIGHLIGHTS: Lafayette Jeff 65, Richmond 49 (GBB)
- NICHES has controlled burn in Warren Co.
- Carroll Co. man arrested after setting girlfriend on fire
- Warren Co. trial reveals new possible cause of death
- 1 dead after car crashes into Warren County home
- One dead after plane crashes in Warren Co.